Re: register_kprobe undefined symbol on 2.6.11 of X86_64

Jim,

BTW, I found a definition in the original kernel 2.6.11 confused me a
little. Could you help me to figure it out?

in file include/asm-x86_64/kprobes.h
typedef u8 kprobe_opcode_t;

in file include/asm-sparc64/kprobes.h
typedef u32 kprobe_opcode_t;

I think this might be the problem why my OS is stuck since we are using
a u8 as kprobe_opcode_t. And I think regardless the architecture, the
size of the opcode of sparc64 and x86_64 should be same?

Thanks,
Neo

--
I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
probably today we haven't the technology we are using!