From: Vara Prasad [mailto:prasadav@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:53 AM
To: Chen, Brad
Cc: Richard J Moore; Ulrich Drepper; Frank Ch. Eigler; Jim Keniston;
SystemTAP
Subject: Re: variables in scopes

I agree with your statement that tapset authors would like familiar "C"
syntax but end users who write the scripts would like a simpler script
kind of language. I think this difference is understandable due to
different needs.
I am not sure i understand what you mean by  " we might sacrifice the
convenience of C for something with better safety properties ". Are you
suggesting a different language for end users if so what would that be
and how it is going to achieve safety properties.