Systemtap language reference checked in

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 13:58, Vara Prasad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The skeleton design document i have sent last week is checked in (thanks
> Jim).
> Please feel free to add the details and complete the sections that you
> are driving.
>
> Jim went a head and formatted the document using Latex. When you add
> your sections you can decide to add formatting info or just add text. As
> we discussed in the call we will format the whole document at the end
> anyway.
>
> Thanks,
> Vara Prasad

As promised, I've inserted a new Section 3, "Systemtap language
reference."  (I did it in LaTeX because the raw-text version was pretty
hard to parse in places.) This section includes very little beyond
what's implemented in the parser and a few things (such as the
probe-definition conditions) that seem to be pretty well agreed upon.
In particular, the sections on "Accessing the context of the probed
function" and "Systemtap macros" are empty.

In this section, stuff that I'm not sure about is marked with "TODO" or
question marks.  Frank gave me some comments this afternoon on an
earlier draft; I'll address those soon.

Jim