Re: [RFC] Design + prototype: Multiple handler sets per probe address

Hi -

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 06:05:41PM +0530, Prasanna S Panchamukhi wrote:
> [...]
> Another alternative approach to your design would be to define multiple
> handler sets per probe manager external to kprobes as a kernel module.
> ..well the external module so called "systemtap" will register only one
> probe at a given address. [...]

In other words, leave the problem to a higher layer.

This does not look good to me.  For example, this would require the
higher level layer's implementation to be a new separate kernel module
dedicated to the task.  Sharing multiple registration data between
sibling systemtap sessions (modules), each of which may conclude and
disappear at any time, is not straightforward.

Also, would this approach offer any assistance to the problem of
jprobe-kprobe conflicts?