Re: [patch][rfa] Dynamic Configuration of SID

I've committed this.

Dave

Dave Brolley wrote:

Hi,

A customer of our showed some interest in dynamic configuration of SID simulations from the point of view of "warming up" the simulator in various situations. This generally means limiting high overhead functionality (tracing, performance analysis, etc.) to areas of the target application which are of greatest interest.

Attached are overviews of external and internal specs of how this could be applied to SID along with a patch which implements the spec.

Comments are appreciated and, as always, I'm looking for approval to commit this work.

Thanks,
Dave