embedded system emulator help

Hi ,

I want to use SID in my master's thesis.

I am interested in developing an ECU emulator for
automotives.

automotive subsystems are comprised of [ECU]
Electronic Control Units  (e.g fujitsu mb90f598,
Powerpc mpc 566) connected through a BUS system
usually CAN.

Application code will be compiled through ECU specific
compiler and the hex code would be fed to my
simulator.

So does that means I have to implement the whole
instruction set for every ECU??

I also have to simulate UART, Timer etc

It should be possible to check the data on the bus
So that would mean I have to implement the CAN
protocol??
Simulator should also report stack overflows or memory
limitations.

IS all this possible with SID considering the fact
that i have to do it in 5 months :) .

Where can i start with an example. any pointers?

Best Regards,
Imran.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!