Re: how to generate external interrupts

Hi -

> >How would you prefer to cause interrupts?
>
> I want to simulate a periodic interrupt( specifically,
> I want to be able to count the heart beats [...]

OK.

> Hence, I guess a script or a program would be
> a suitable way to do it.

That's possible, but not necessary for this context.

Probably the easiest thing to do is to use one of the
sid scheduler objects to supply the periodic interrupt.
You would have to decide whether you would like these
interrupts based on the progression of host (real) time,
versus target (simulated) time.  Then, you'd pick a
suitable time interval, in milliseconds or clock ticks
respectively.  Then you'd arrange to get the chosen
scheduler to send out a ping at the chosen interval
to the appropriate interrupt input pin.  This latter
bit is most easily done by emitting and editing the
sid configuration file that otherwise models your
desired system.

> Presently,I am reading through the SID user manual. Is
> there any other documentation, which can be helpful?

The other two families of documentation that you may find
helpful consist of a guide on developing sid components and
the set of individual component reference pages.  These may
all be found on the sid project web page.

- FChE