Re: arm7t and the BL thumb instruction?

Hi -

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 10:56:20AM -0400, Brandon Warhurst wrote:
> Here is the problem I'm having:  As I step through ARM code I successfully
> switch from ARM mode to Thumb mode.  However, my first instruction is a
> BL <someaddress> instruction.  I have stepped through SID watching this
> instruction execute.  [...]

Using the "--trace-extract" may tell you almost as much as
stepping through it.

> Here's the question:  Is the BL instruction fully implemented?

In Arm mode, I see a BL instruction, but not one in Thumb mode.
In the latter, a branch-with-link is expressed as consecutive
"bl-hi" and "bl-lo" instructions.

What does "objdump -dr" say on the arm/thumb elf file?

- FChE