Re: FW: Can't get SID to build - tk error

Hi, Robert -

> I have been told that I need to install Tcl/Tk 8.4. However, as far as I can
> see, a complete source tree of Tcl/Tk 8.4 is included in SID. So surely I
> don't need to install it as well?

Since tcl/tk 8.4 comes with the src repository now, you need not
build or install it separately.

> Therefore I assume there is still some error in the scripts. [...]
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/sheaf/sid-cvs/build/tix'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sheaf/sid-cvs/build/tix/unix'
> /bin/sh: cd: tk8.4: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 1

It's clear that something is wrong with the tix configury.  However,
tix is not related to sid, either as a dependent of "make all-sid"
or as the CVS module "sid".  You must have that source tree checked
out due to insight or snavigator, or just by accident.  Please remove
the entire tix directory, and try the configure/make again.

- FChE