RE: LinuxDoc DTD on NT

On 2/2/2000 4:40 AM Peter Ring PRI@cddk.dk wrote:
>don't blame the list for bigotry from individual members

I understand the point you are making, and I must say, as a mostly silent
participant of this list, and as a contributing member of a number of
other open-source project lists, this list in general has been a
relatively cold, unfriendly place.

There are indeed helpful and kind people on this list. There are also
(IMHO) needlessly abrasive people who seem to take pleasure in keeping
others out, and slapping people down, when a gentle push or a helping
hand would do better.

My point is that for an open-source project to prosper there needs to be
a sense of safety for new people, since only a small fraction of them
will decide to contribute in the best of cases.

Peter, I understand how you feel.

Regards,

Marty

P.S.  Polite and well-thought out responses only, please.  Flames >
/dev/null

---
        Martin D. Connor, CEO & President, Entity Cyber, Inc.
       US Mail: P.O. Box 391827, Cambridge, MA 02139  USA
   Voice: (617) 491-6935, Fax: (617) 491-7046, Net: mdc@entity.com
                     Web: http://www.entity.com/