This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the RHUG project.
Re: Let the fluorination commence
- From: Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>
- To: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- Cc: rhug-rhats at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 22:20:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: Let the fluorination commence
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <20031120154240.GC3424@redhat.com>
On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 07:42, Gary Benson wrote:
> * It _should_ fix every builddir != srcdir bug (and I found loads of
> them whilst writing it), every stupid relative path and broken sed
> bug, and every single bug where jarfiles and solibs have
> inconsistent contents.
One thing I noticed is that it only puts the srcdirs for packages it
depends on in the classpath. Better to put the buildirs for
dependencies, since then we'll pick up class files and compilation will
be much faster. Does this sound like an OK change?
In addition to this, it might also be better to build classfiles prior
to compiling the .java source for the same reason. I believe the
packages all built classfiles prior to fluorination. What do you think?
(BTW - I'm embarrassed to say that this is the first real look I've had
at fluorine - pretty cool!)
Anthony Green <email@example.com>
Red Hat, Inc.