Re: rhug status

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 09:49, Bart Locanthi wrote:
> what's special about the maintainer tools? is it still special? i did
> try them, but i would prefer not to have older stuff lying around.

I believe they are still special.  I don't recall what the differences
are - but some of the changes are simple (don't add -DPIC to gcj command
line, for instance).

> i have yet to try building outside of the source tree. are there any
> other ./configure switches you would suggest setting?

--disable-static

> the errors from UTF as illegal chars seem pretty hard. this may be a
new
> development with gcc-3.3.1.

I don't think you mentioned this error in your mail.  Could you please
describe it?  rhug should build with 3.3.1.

I hope you don't mind that I'm keeping the list on copy.  The archives
are often a useful resource for people looking for help.

Thanks,

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>