Re: libtool woes

On 25 Jan 2002, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 04:10, Jukka Santala wrote:
> > Attached patch tries to include portability, in particular for
> > cross-compiling and alternate toolchains, by having both gcj and gcjh
> This looks good to me.  Thanks!  I can check this in over the weekend,
> or we can set up write access for you.

Seems like it wasn't applied in yet, I guess in the end it's the same to
me, but since I doubt I'll become an active contributor to this project at
this time, it's probably easier if somebody else applies it and does the
required auto-generated-file update as well.

> BTW - I'm curious about the cross compiler you're using.  What's your
> target?

It's more of an experiment so far, and not going too well, but then,
that's the only way to get things working eventually. Target is arm-linux
with strongarm110 cpu, specifically the Compaq iPAQ handhelds running
Linux (Familiar) distribution. Because the Java JIT compilers on that
platform aren't very advanced, ability to pre-compile the source
especially for resource-intensive parts like Xalan/Xerces parsing would be
really welcome.

 -Jukka Santala