Re: Red Hat Databse 3.0 in RH 9.0

The first error I get is:

PLEASE FILL IN YOUR NAME.

when I click Submit button.

For a reason that I don't know, the reguser.php doesn't get the variables
values.

The second error is when I try listmembers.php:

Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: user
"apache" does not exist in /var/www/html/listmembers.php on line 20
Could not establish connection.

Then I changed the user name in listmembers.php to postgres (first with
and last without password), and the error was:

Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: server
closed conection in /var/www/html/listmembers2.php on line 20
Could not establish connection.

But, if I put the following lines in /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK           METHOD
local   all         all                                             trust
host     all         all           0.0.0.0           0.0.0.0         trust

and change the pg_connect() line to

pg_connect("dbname=sample port=5432 user=postgres password=postgres")

it works...

Best regards,
Benilton

Hi Benilton,

I tried the example on the Red Hat page you mentioned and it worked
correctly. Could you please post the exact error(s) you get (with the
line number in the php file)?

Regards,
Deepak

--