Re: pthreads-win32 2.8.0, stack alignment, and SSE code

Ross Johnson a écrit :
I've just read this whole thread for the first time. I haven't come across this issue of alignment on Intel processors before so I thought I'd better at least Google around the subject before replying. Unfortunately I've got to run now and won't be reading mail for another 5 days or so.

I would very likely include the patch as a build option, so I'm wondering if you've tried building the library with the -mstackrealign gcc flag that does the same thing as force_align_arg_pointer (I haven't tried either of these but read about it).

Ross

I haven't tried it, but will do it shortly. Since this realigns the stack in all functions, it may impact performance. I would think this impact is small to negligible however.

SKJ