Re: changing pthreads-win32 license

Ross Johnson wrote:

Alexander Terekhov wrote:

It specifically exempts macro definitions and the like. Read it.

You mean "ten lines or less in length"? Yeah, given that the length of lines seem to be unrestricted. [L]GPL is totally brian-damaged technically and legally. Really.

Personally, I'd be inclined to regard any work that included only
the unmodified LGPL'ed header files, specifically supplied for that
purpose, and dynamically linked to the unmodified main body of the
library, to be an independent and separate work as far as the LGPL
goes - static linking and assorted tricks aside for the moment.

Sony Entertainment's lawyers did not seem to have a problem including my LGPL'ed HawkVoice library as a DLL in their new game Planetside.

--
Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Hawk Software