Building with MSVC

Hi,

I'm new to MSVC 6.0, and I'm trying to build pthread.dll with cl and nmake.
Compiling is no problem, but linking fails with and undefined reference to
_beginthreadex and _endthreadex. According to the MSVC documentation, these
functions should be in msvcrt.lib and libcmt.lib, however, linking with /MD
or /MT doesn' work.

Any clue?

I've created this makefile:

OBJ=attr.obj cancel.obj cleanup.obj condvar.obj create.obj dll.obj errno.obj
\
        exit.obj fork.obj global.obj misc.obj mutex.obj private.obj
rwlock.obj \
        sched.obj semaphore.obj signal.obj sync.obj tsd.obj

OPT=/I. /c /GD

all: pthread.dll

clean:
        del *.dll *.obj

pthread.dll: $(OBJ)
        cl /Fepthread.dll /LD /MT $(OBJ) /link /def:pthread.def

attr.obj: attr.c
        cl $(OPT) attr.c
[...]

--