RE: pthread_cond_timedwait

I just saw a potential bug in your code, below:

assert( pthread_mutex_lock(&(rdwrp->mutex)) == 0 );

I recommend that you do not call functions within an 'assert'
unless you don't mind the compiler optimizing out the 'assert'
statement! (i.e. your lock will not happen)

Quote from MS Dev Studio, 5.0 for 'assert':
"The ANSI assert macro is typically used to identify logic errors during
program development, by implementing the expression argument to evaluate to
false only when the program is operating incorrectly. After debugging is
complete, assertion checking can be turned off without modifying the source
file by defining the identifier NDEBUG. NDEBUG can be defined with a /D
command-line option or with a #define directive. If NDEBUG is defined with
#define, the directive must appear before ASSERT.H is included."

I recommend you using:

	int	lockResult;

	lockResult = pthread_mutex_lock(&(rdwrp->mutex));
	assert( lockResult == 0 );