Re: building libc_nano and libg_nano

Thanks, this was very helpful.

I’ve made a lot of progress — though it was painful.  I’d been trying to build GCC 8.2, but still has an issue with ARMv8 and picking up an “include_next <stdint.h>” during the bootstrap build.  Found information about this issue here:

	<https://bugs.launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+bug/1717502>

and basically realized I might not need to blaze this trail quite so aggressively.

I decided to retrench and build the GCC ARM tag from that build:

	svn co svn:://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/tags/ARM/embedded-7-branch-2018q2

I’m now part way through building the “full” GCC, and I’m hopeful it’ll make it through.

One thing I noticed from your recommendation — when I built newlib and newlib nano (which I was doing immediately after building the GCC bootstrap), I did not get libstdc++ or libsupc++.  Reading your script, it looks like you do an ADDITIONAL GCC bootstrap build immediately after building newlib nano libraries, and I’m guessing that’s why I don’t have them.

Your script does indeed do pretty much everything I need to do and more although I was really trying to roll my own because I wanted to understand what was going on.  Thanks for this valuable asset.  I will see if I can give it a whirl on my Mac.

Rob