I query about quality of SuperH-port of newlib

Hello,

I am looking for a demonstration idea for the "new" J-Core cpu architecture which is actually just open source implementation of a slightly modified SuperH (whose patents expired).
I was thinking about porting eLua which depends on newlib.
What SH versions do you support?
(SH1, SH2, SH3, SH4, SH2a)
If not what would be necessary to port it to J2 (being SH2 + new atomic CAS Instruction + back ported shift instructions from SH3)
Does newlib depend on features which require an mmu?

Sincerely Johann-Tobias Schäg