Re: perror() changes the orientation of stderr to byte-oriented mode if stderr is not oriented yet.

Hi Corinna,

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 12:28:38 +0200
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Not sure if I'm missing something, but doesn't that mean the perror
> output won't use text mode even if it's requested?

It seems that the text mode only affects to outputting '\n'. So, this
is maintained in the patch. However, this is not so smart.

> I guess the simplest solution is to use the FreeBSD/OpenBSD method
> all the time.

How about the patch attached?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>