Re: Permission for leave

Hi Salil,

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 10:19 AM, Salil Sirotia <salil.sirotia@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >This is fine. Keep monitoring your >email though, and be responsive.
>> >You want to be submitting some >patches ASAP to have good results
>> >before the first phase evaluation.
>

>      Yeah gedare I will be doing full time           work from 18th may and
> will submit         patches on a regular basis.

I don't think it was necessary to send this to the newlib mailing
list. Let us try to only send the technical discussions and patches
that are relevant to the newlib community here. In general, it is not
a good practice to add a mailing list to the CC of a previously
private email chain, which then makes the email chain part of the
public record for that mailing list.  Even cross-listing emails to
multiple mailing lists can also be considered a bit of a faux pas.

The Google Summer of Code Student Guide has some nice words to say
about how to use mailing lists:
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/communication-best-practices

Thanks,
Gedare