GSOC-2018 POSIX Compliance and Introduction

 Hello Users

This is Salil Sirotia, an M.Tech Scholar from IIT(ISM) Dhanbad. I applied
for GSOC 2018 and got selected. My project is POSIX Compliance where I have
to implement some libraries, methods and port the code to Newlib-Cygwin.

POSIX stands for Portable Operating System Interface for uni-X. Posix
Compliance allows us to port the source code that is running on one machine
, can be run on another machine. This Project deals with the implementation
of the subset of functions that are defined in POSIX 1003_1 standard, Due
to physical resource constraints, some real-time systems like the small
embedded system needs a limited set of operating system functionality. For
these type of systems, it is necessary that the standard allow the
implementation to support only a particular subset of POSIX functions.
POSIX profiles defined in FACE Technical Standards, designed for avionics
system verses POSIX in RTEMS where some functions are missing. These
missing function need to be implemented. For the same I will use FreeBSD,
NetBSD, POSIX 1003_1 as a refrence and IEEE std 1003.1 TM 2008.
I will add the support of mentioned library in my Proposal to newlib as a
part of GSOC-2018.

This summer I will be accomplishing these task what I have mentioned in my
Proposal

Thanks & regards,
Salil Sirotia,
Mtech,CSE-IS(Final Year),