Use of initialized variable in strtod.c

Hi

I have looked at this one enough to believe it is
a real issue but have no idea what the proper
solution is. Maybe someone is more familiar with
this routine can help.

This looks like it was introduced in 2006 by Jeff
Johnston but I don't expect him to remember it. :)

https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=commit;f=newlib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c;h=f489b5943c8f8655b0a3caddd38114111576ab35

2006-06-22  Jeff Johnston  <jjohnstn@redhat.com>

        * libc/stdlib/Makefile.am: Add new gdtoa routines.
        * libc/stdlib/Makefile.in: Regenerated.
        * libc/stdlib/gd_qnan.h: New file.
        * libc/stdlib/gdtoa-gethex.c: Ditto.
        * libc/stdlib/gdtoa-hexnan.c: Ditto.
        * libc/stdlib/gdtoa.h: Ditto.
        * libc/stdlib/mprec.c: Add new helper routines needed by
        the new gdtoa code.
        * libc/stdlib/mprec.h: Integrate some defines and prototypes
        used by gdtoa routines here.
        * libc/stdlib/strtod.c: Rebased on David M. Gay's gdtoa-strtod.c
        which adds C99 support such as nan, inf, and hexadecimal input
        format.

Basically if (bb) is false, then bits is not set
and it is used as input to ULtod.

334                                if (bb) {
335                                        copybits(bits, fpi.nbits, bb);
336                                        Bfree(ptr,bb);
337                                        }

CID 175379 (#1 of 1): Uninitialized scalar variable (UNINIT)
10. uninit_use_in_call: Using uninitialized element of array bits when calling ULtod. [show details]
338                                ULtod(rv.i, bits, exp, i);

Hopefully someone has some insight on how to fix this.

Thanks.