Re: GIT source build failure: wcwidth.c::_wcwidth misses __locale_cjk_lang()

On Aug 23 14:34, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi Hans-Bernhard,
>
> On Aug 22 23:23, Hans-Bernhard Bröker wrote:
> > Am 22.08.2016 um 11:29 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> > > If you're willing to provide a patch, the patch does not have to contain
> > > the generated files.  I would create them locally and push the result.
> >
> > Well, OK, so here goes. The core of the modification is best expressed as a
> > pseudo shell script (don't run this without double-checking it!)
> >
> > cd newlib
> > find . -type f -name 'Makefile.am' | \
> >   xargs sed -i -e '/AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS.*=/s/cygnus/foreign no-installinfo
> > no-dist/'
> > cd ..
> >
> > and then apply the attached patch
> > "newlib-de-cygnussify-remaining-patch.diff" for the finer details, fix
> > auto-tools to latest versions, then autoupdate, autoreconf.
>
> Sounds simple enough.  I'll try this in the next couple of days.

No joy.  I tried a lot of stuff.  Basically I'm now down to

 $ find . -type f -name 'Makefile.am' | xargs sed -i -e '/AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS.*=/s/cygnus/foreign no-installinfo no-dist/'
 $ git apply newlib-de-cygnussify-remaining-patch.diff
 $ find newlib -name configure.in -execdir git mv configure.in configure.ac \;
 $ find newlib -name Makefile.am | xargs sed -i -e 's/\<INCLUDES\>/AM_CPPFLAGS/g'
 $ cd newlib
 $ aclocal -I. -I..

No autoupdate in the top-level, it has to stay as is.

No autoupdate in newlib, it breaks stuff.

 $ autoreconf

This fails.  I have a couple of warnings along the lines of:

 configure.ac:14: warning: _AC_COMPILER_EXEEXT was called before AC_NO_EXECUTABLES
 [...]
 Makefile.am:12: warning: source file 'net/domainname.c' is in a subdirectory,
 Makefile.am:12: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
 automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
 automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the 'subdir-objects'
 automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the corresponding output
 automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.  However,
 automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they will
 automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same subdirectory
 automake: of the corresponding sources.
 automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option throughout your
 automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.
 [...]

and eventually

 Makefile.am:225: warning: suffix '.texinfo' for Texinfo files is discouraged; use '.texi' instead
 Makefile.am:225: installing '../../texinfo.tex'
 [...]

Which just did it for me.  I chickened out for now :}

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen