Re: Newlib port for new architecture

Hi,

> If they are not providing complete GCC and binutils sources
> when asked by any customer and person who legally
> obtained binaries then they are probably violating
> GPL license.

They are *not* providing sources.

I obtained some free trial version in september 2015 which outputs:

> $ wine ./tricore-gcc --version
> tricore-gcc.exe (HighTec Release v4.6.5.0-infineon-1.1) 4.6.4 build on 2014-12-01
>
> $ wine ./tricore-as --version
> tricore-as (HighTec Release v4.6.5.0-infineon-1.1) build on 2014-12-01 (GNU Binutils) 2.20
> Copyright (C) Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
> the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any later version.
> This program has absolutely no warranty.
> This program is supported by HighTec EDV-Systeme GmbH.
> This assembler was configured for a target of `TriCore'.

They offer sources for GCC / Binutils v3.3.7.9 at

 https://www.hightec-rt.com/en/downloads/sources.html

I wrote them and someone from "sales" wanted my phone number to contact me.

Maybe someone else may take the trouble to make them respecting the license of
the product they sell.

Kind regards,
~  bg