Re: How to regenerate Makefile.in in newlib

On 2016-03-22 12:24, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 2016-03-22 11:37, Joel Sherrill wrote:
I have a first cut at srandom and random but am
going to need to regenerate Makefile.in's to test.

How does one do that?

Due to the removal of cygnus tree support in later versions of automake,
you need to use automake-1.11.6.  On Cygwin, we have special packages
for this purpose (named gcc-tools-epoch2-{autoconf,automake}) installed
into /opt/gcc-tools.  Having spoken to other binutils/gcc/gdb
contributors, I gather everyone rolls either own custom build of these
versions of the tools and use it accordingly.

I also forgot to mention that you need to change into the correct directory, which given what you're trying to do will probably be newlib/libc.

--
Yaakov