Problem with building PDF documentation

Hello!

I've tried building the most recent newlib for arm-none-eabi and I
encountered a problem when building PDF documentation. I guess this problem is
specific to the very recent version of TEX utils on my system (Arch Linux). I
attach the log from the console - the part where the generation of libc.pdf
fails. I also attach libc.log file generated during compilation. Both files
are compressed, because they are over 100kB

I have a very similar problem with building PDF for binutils (I reported that
on binutils mailing list). However generated as.pdf file looks OK (I did not
inspect it very thoroughly), while in the libc.pdf document there is no index
- there is a chapter for index, but all it has is this:

> Document Index
> (Index is nonexistent)

Here are the versions of relevant tools:

$ texi2dvi --version
texi2dvi (GNU Texinfo 6.0) 6363

$ pdfetex --version
pdfTeX 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.16 (TeX Live 2015/Arch Linux)
kpathsea version 6.2.1
Copyright 2015 Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the pdfTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the pdfTeX source.
Primary author of pdfTeX: Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
Compiled with libpng 1.6.18; using libpng 1.6.19
Compiled with zlib 1.2.8; using zlib 1.2.8
Compiled with poppler version 0.37.0

The texlive package I have is 2015.37497-5.

I guess it it also worth noting that I had no trouble building PDF
documentation for newlib (and binutils) at the end of Semtember (at 28th
exactly) - I used the most recent newlib sources and the most recent software
packages (at that time). I tried this again with the same version (
f296bb3569839b0217ec1a775165d239877e3548 ) and it fails too, so I guess the
problem is related to tex version (or some component that is used by tex) that
I use.

If any more info is needed, just let me know.

Regards,
FCh