Re: RFA: Add ! LDBL_EQ_DBL implementations of cosl, sinl and tanl

Hi Corinna,

That's right, a math.h patch is missing.

Snafu - I had patched the file, but forgot to include it in the submission. :-(

Setting errno should be easy to add:

- cosl, sinl and tanl just need an extra check for Inf to set errno to
   EDOM.

- tanl needs an extra check if the result of a non-Inf arg is Inf to
   return ERANGE.

- fabsl doesn't define errors>

- floorl doesn't produce errors (see Linux man page),

Nick, any problem to add this?

I can do this, but... sleeping on it last night, I realised that I had not checked all of the code paths in the new functions. When I checked them this morning I discovered that they were broken. Ie sinl(), cosl() and tanl() all return incorrect values for certain, large, input values. I tried to investigate, but the maths involved is beyond me, so I am going to have to shelve this patch until I have more time. Sorry.

Cheers
  Nick