RE: [Patch, MIPS] Update MIPS memcpy.S for mips32r6/mips64r6 support

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, Matthew Fortune wrote:

> Given Corinna's request for MIPS reviewers with my patches I
> expect we should co-review things for MIPS. I've been
> through and read the patch. I don't have any objection to
> this combined indentation and R6 patch especially given it
> is pretty much just making newlib match glibc.

 FWIW, I think a semantical change that includes just a couple -- say two
or three lines' worth of -- formatting updates around the change proper
itself is fine, especially if the semantical changes are substantial and
difficult to miss.

 Here the formatting updates considerably outweigh the change proper,
which IMHO obfuscates things both for the reviewer right now, and -- more
importantly -- for people having a need to look through repository
archives in the future.

 So I think it would indeed make sense to split the change into two --
first that gives no output with `git diff -w' (or `git log -p -w', etc.),
and a follow-up change that actually adds mips32r6/mips64r6 support.  And
for the record I'd say the same of a smaller change that reindented like
three lines containing complicated code and buried a variable reference
change from `v' to `w' between them.  It would just be too easy to miss.

 As I say, FWIW.

  Maciej