Fwd: Re: Newlib nano

Hi Bin,

I dint grep everything, just the macros that differ between our normal and nano
variants.
In most cases it wont matter, but when it does it will result in some perplexing
debugging sessions =)

> > 2) I think about providing both newlib.h files (renamed) and defining a
> > macro
> > via the specs file to pick the right one via a stub. Im completely unused to
> > specs files so I would be gratefull if someone could comment if thats a good
> > solution.
> It seems possible by using %p/%P (or some others) in specs file, but I
> might misunderstand the meaning since I never touched that.

I really dont know much about the specs and the documentation seems to be
outdated and/or wrong.
trying to rename "predefines" says that there is no such spec, defining it
doesnt seem to have any effect, and there is no mention what
"link_gcc_c_sequence" is supposed to do (I except answers typically are "use the
source").
I changed the preprocessor specs in the usual manner, since this is unlikely to
do some harm, maybe this change could be added to newlib?

---start nano.specs---
%rename cpp nano_cpp
%rename link nano_link
%rename link_gcc_c_sequence nano_link_gcc_c_sequence

*cpp:
%(nano_cpp) -D_NEWLIB_NANO

*nano_libc:
-lc_nano

*nano_libgloss:
%{specs=rdimon.specs:-lrdimon_nano} %{specs=nosys.specs:-lnosys}

*link_gcc_c_sequence:
%(nano_link_gcc_c_sequence) --start-group %G %(nano_libc) %(nano_libgloss)
--end-group

*link:
%(nano_link) %:replace-outfile(-lc -lc_nano) %:replace-outfile(-lg -lg_nano)
%:replace-outfile(-lrdimon -lrdimon_nano) %:replace-outfile(-lstdc++
-lstdc++_nano) %:replace-outfile(-lsupc++ -lsupc++_nano)

*lib:
%{!shared:%{g*:-lg_nano} %{!p:%{!pg:-lc_nano}}%{p:-lc_p}%{pg:-lc_p}}
---stop nano.specs---

Kind Regards,
Norbert Lange