Re: O_RSYNC and O_DSYNC

On Nov 24 16:32, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > Given the potential implementation differences between targets and given
> > their state as optional in SUSv4, shouldn't the definitions stay outside
> > of sys/_default_fcntl.h?
> I agree they would have to be guarded by OS but for the purposes
> of RTEMS, I think I would be happy to do what Cygwin has done.
> But unless we want to split out a target specific fcntl() support file
> and move the existing Cygwin support, I am prone to just add
> RTEMS support like that for Cygwin.
>
> Any opposition to the addition of an "if rtems" section after the
> Cygwin one?

To avoid potential clashes, I moved the already defined open flags from
Cygwin's fcntl.h to newlib's _default_fcntl.h.  While I was at it, I
removed the WIN32-specific stuff.

Just add your rtems stuff as you're proposing.  It would be nice to use
the same flags as Cygwin as far as it makes sense.  This way we might be
able to move some of them into generic code at one point.

> And adding a comment above the base defines that they need to stay
> within a sixteen bit integer?

Good idea.

Thanks,
Corinna