Re: __getreent in libgloss

----- Original Message -----

Correct.

> I also set
> newlib_cflags="${newlib_cflags} -DREENTRANT_SYSCALLS_PROVIDED " and
> syscall_dir=syscalls in configure.host for the target.

Sure, this means that you are supplying _r syscalls which is good.  I assume
you have read libc/include/reent.h for the various alternatives.

> By default newlib
> takes __getreent() and I can overwrite __getreent to my own function.
> Where should I do this? I set it in config.h (#define __getreent
> or1k_getreent), but then I also need to define the external function
> (extern struct _reent *or1k_getreent(void)), correct?

Actually, overriding is much easier.  Newlib is designed to override shared functions with ones
that are found in the libc/machine or libc/sys directories.  In your case, if
you have a getreent.c or getreent.S that is found in libc/machine/or1k (or whatever you designate
your machine_dir in configure.host), it will override the object file built in libc/reent.

If you don't actually have multiple threads, you might as well just use the
default one found in libc/reent.  There is a sample multithread version in
libc/sys/linux/linuxthreads/getreent.c which uses the thread specific storage
to get the current reentrancy structure for the current thread.

-- Jeff J.