Proper cpu-vendor-os triplet?

Hello!

I know this list might not be a perfect fit for my question, but I hope someone would share some knowledge with me.

I'm developing an open-source RTOS for higher-end microcontrollers (*). My plan is to have it as a proper OS for newlib and GCC - like RTEMS (for example). I'm having a hard time deciding what should be the proper triplet of such toolchain for ARM chips, because either everyone does things differently, or I don't understand something... For example for "bare metal ARM" the triplet is "arm-none-eabi", so I assume that this should be actually read as "arm" cpu, "none" vendor, "none" OS (missing) and "eabi" ABI. Or maybe it's the "vendor" that is missing? In newlib's configure.host file the OS is taken from the third element in the triplet, for example:

case "${host}" in
  *-*-cygwin*)
    posix_dir=posix
    stdio64_dir=stdio64
    xdr_dir=xdr
    ;;
  *-*-netware*)
    signal_dir=
    sys_dir=netware
    ;;
  *-*-rtems*)            # generic RTEMS support
    sys_dir=rtems
    posix_dir=posix
    unix_dir=unix
    ;;
  *-*-tirtos*)
    sys_dir=tirtos
    have_crt0="no"
    ;;

On the other hand linaro's GCC toolchain for ARM processors is named "arm-linux-gnueabihf", so I assume that in this case the "vendor" field is missing...

So I wonder if I should name the toolchain "arm-none-distortos-eabi", "arm-distortos-eabi", "arm-none-distortos", "arm-distortos" or maybe something else?

Thx in advance!

Regards,
FCh

(*) - in case anyone is interested - the repo is here - https://github.com/DISTORTEC/distortos