Documentation for lock APIs in sys/lock.h

Hi Champs,

I am using newlib'c libc and libm libraries to build apps with SYS/BIOS RTOS for ARM targets. I rebuilt newlib with _DYNAMIC_REENT_ and added the required RTOS support to create and use the reentrancy structure (struct reent) on a per thread basis. Since SYS/BIOS is a multithreaded RTOS, I believe I also need to implement the lock APIs in sys/lock.h header file to ensure thread safety for the file IO operations. This is where I am having trouble. I want to understand what is the expected functionality for all the lock APIs listed in sys/lock.h. I tried to find documentation that described these APIs but was not successful. I am hoping that someone can help me by either pointing me to some documentation or summarizing what each of the lock APIs are expected to do.

Thanks,
Ashish