Re: Question: machine/powerpc/times.c

On 05/23/13 15:38, Joel Sherrill wrote:
On 5/23/2013 3:33 PM, Jeff Johnston wrote:
On 05/23/2013 10:01 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Hi

The file machine/powerpc/times.c does not appear to
be machine specific but more of a system dependent file.
We don't want to use it on RTEMS.

Any idea why it is there? What uses it?

Removing it is one option but if it is really used, then we would be
breaking something else.

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/newlib/libc/machine/powerpc/times.c?cvsroot=src

I can't see any history except that Jeff added it, then renamed it. :)

Should it be disabled for RTEMS, moved somewhere more appropriate,
or killed?

Aldy added the function before I renamed it.  I have cc'd him here.  I
would imagine he did so to support running a gcc test-suite and so it
should not be removed, but I'll let him pipe in.
If it is specifically to running gcc's test suite on a simulator, then
it would seem
to be part of a libgloss BSP.

To be honest, I have no clue.