Re: sources.redhat.com server?

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 07:41:10PM -0500, Craig Howland wrote:
>This is likely a Jeff or Corinna question.
>
>For the last couple of weeks, cvs has been failing to contact
>sources.redhat.com.  Has something in the setup been changed?

Yes.  Red Hat has decoupled sources.redhat.com from sourceware.org.
This was done with no advertisement that I know of.

sourceware.org has been the definitive name for the site for quite
some time so that is the right thing to be using.

>I checked the Newlib web site, and the Download still shows the cvs
>commands as using sources.redhat.com, although the web site is
>sourceware.org.
>
>Using sourceware.org instead of redhat.sources.com does seem to work.
>I would guess that this is what it really should be, in which case the
>web site ought to be updated.  This also raises a question: is there
>some easy cvs way to change the server pointed to?  (I could write a
>quick script to sed the CVS setup files, but if someone knows the
>proper CVS way, I could take advantage of that, instead.)

I don't think there is an accepted way to change other than to just
modify the appropriate CVS files.

cgf