Re: C++ pure virtual base class memory consumption

I diffed the two mapfiles and the few lines I added above are an excerpt from
the larger binary. I now
understand that this is code s not from newlib (since newlib is pure C,
right?) but GCC and the libstdc++.

I also tried the mentioned flags -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions but with no
effort.

Well, the prebuilt c++ library is provided by a third party and I did not
build it on my own. So I will try to
rebuild libstdc++ with exceptions and rtti disabled. Can you give me a hint
on which mailinglist to change if
there were any questions?