Re: SPARC Leon baremetal layer

On 11/29/2011 04:40 PM, Konrad Eisele wrote:

/****************************************************************************

THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT COPYRIGHTED

    AEROFLEX GAISLER offers the following for use in the public domain.  AEROFLEX GAISLER makes no
    warranty with regard to the software or it's performance and the
    user accepts the software "AS IS" with all faults.

    AEROFLEX GAISLER DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD
    TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES
    OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I guess you are aware that "NOT COPYRIGHTING" is not possible according to international copyright laws and is automatically copyrighted by it's author, if the author wants this or not.

Therefore my advice would be you to choose a liberal licence (E.g. 2-clause BSD) instead, which would be legally less controversial.

Ralf