Re: SPARC Leon baremetal layer

On Tuesday 29 November 2011 10:40:19 Konrad Eisele wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:

> >> I am using the vendor field to select the various leon variants. The
> >> variants are sfleon (soft-float) sfleonv8 (soft-float+v8) hfleon
> >> (hard-float) hfleonv8 (hard-float+v8). Therefore I'm using *leon*
> >
> > i wonder how that works with gcc then.  or does it not ?
>
> gcc is configured with i.e. target sparc-sfleon-elf, sfleon being the
> vendor field. Currently sparc-leon-elf is supported (from 4.5),
> sparc-[sf|hf]leon[v8]-elf is a patch on top of that.

so it requires a patch to gcc that isn't in mainline gcc ?  i looked at the
latest svn trunk and it still seems to only accept "leon*".

seems like every arch wants to implement float support in their own special way
:(.  superh uses markings in the cpu field (sh4_nofpu) while arm uses markings
in the last tuple (OS/ABI) like arm-linux-gnueabihf.  now sparc is adding a
3rd mechanism: sparc-hfleon-*.  ugly.

> >> I can add any copyright statement . Jiri Gaisler (CTO) has signed a
> >> copyleft form when we submitted patches to gcc. I'm not shure weather
> >> his applies for newlibc also. What kind of statement should I replace
> >> it with?
> >
> > unfortunately, iirc, you have to sign papers for each GNU project.  so
> > having signed papers for the GCC project won't help with newlib.  you'll
> > have to contact the FSF at assign@gnu.org to get papers in place.  i
> > don't recall if libgloss/newlib are sep projects, but i'd mention them
> > both to be sure.
> >
> > (note: i'm not related to the FSF at all ... i'm just relaying my
> > understanding of how things work) -mike
>
> I have added a copyleft in the style of
> libgloss/sparc/sparc-stub.c :

sorry, but i don't think the FSF will accept that.  only route is via
assign@gnu.org (which you've already started, so that's good).
-mike