History of the xscale machine dir?

Hi,
  I was looking at the xscale subdirectory and noticed
there were no individual copyrights or attributions on the files;
what's the history behind them, who originally wrote them?

  I ask because I have an ARM memset that is comparable to the
routines in the xscale dir, except it does quite a bit better on a 4
byte alignment;
one solution there would just be to fix the xscale one for the 4byte misaligned
case, but I don't like doing that if I don't know the author and it hasn't got
an alignment on.

  I can see the check in from 2000 - does anyone know the parentage of
this code?

Dave