Re: Remove warnings from RTEMS crt0.c

On 08/03/2011 12:38 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 08/02/2011 08:13 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Hi,

The RTEMS crt0.c is just a stub so autoconf
will find methods. It uses a macro to
generate stub bodies for routines we want
autoconf to find that are not in libc.
The macro that generates the stubs does
not generate a return statement with properly
typed argument. So when you do a -Wall, you
get lots of warnings. This just eliminates
the warnings.

OK to commit?
Not for now. I'd firstly want to reproduce the warnings you are
mentioning and check why I don't see them.

I sent a private email to you on 19 July with this and an
explanation.

I was trying to compile RTEMS with clang.  It generated
the warnings.   I investigated and the flags used to compile
RTEMS newlib do not include -Wall like on Linux.  That's
why we don't see them.  If you add -Wall to the *-rtems*
target build, you will see them.

FWIW You will also see a number of other warnings.  I need
to build with multilib disabled to get an accurate count
and submit patches for the obvious ones.
However, I am currently on vacation and only sporadically touch a
keyboard. I'll try to check ASAP, but I hardly will be able to check
before last week of August.

Ralf

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985