Re: Fix cacos bug introduced last November (was: ICE in compiling complex/cacos.c for arm/thumb)

> Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:23:55 +0200
> From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com>

> What about using the upstream NetBSD fix instead, which looks much
> better to me:

Well, me too; I'd be happy if that was committed instead...

...but it'd be wrong to refer to the patch in your email as an
"upstream fix".  It's the original, upstream code (cacos.c:1.2),
which was changed locally in newlib to work around an ARM gcc
bug.  See <http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2010/msg00541.html>.

Again, I have absolutely no problem with throwing out 1.3
(particularly with the bug. :)  I dislike that kind of
workarounds for bugs better fixed elsewhere, but we live in a
world we share with others, and ARM (w/. thumb) *is* a
high-profile platform, so I'd probably come to the same
conclusion.  And I'd probably miss the bug too in review.

brgds, H-P