Re: Patch for newlib/libc/time

On May 30 09:48, Philip Munts wrote:
> Here is a patch to change xprintf() to xiprintf() and sscanf() to
> siscanf() in all of the source files in newlib/libc/time.  The
> rationale for this is to prevent linking floating point libraries in
> (at least) bare machine ARM target programs that call time functions
> like ctime().

Thanks, I applied a variation of your patch.  I left the testcase in
strftime.c alone, and I defined sscanf to siscanf in tzset_r.c instead
of replacing every call.

> There are other places in newlib this can be done safely, but this is
> a much as I am brave enough to submit for now.

Well, just go ahead.  These changes don't affect big targets a lot, but
they seem to make a lot of sense for small targets.

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen