Re: [patch] rpc headers installation

On 01/06/2011 12:23 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Hi,

Current newlib installs its public rpc/xdr headers and the xdr directory
unconditionally, independently of whether a target uses newlib's libxdr
or not.

This is an issue to RTEMS, because we currently don't use newlib's xdr,
but ship a libxdr of our own.

The patch below tries to address this issue by moving installation of the rpc/xdr headers to libc/Makefile.am, such that these headers and the include/rpc directory will only be installed if newlib's rpc is enabled.

Ralf

I wonder if a more generic mechanism should be put in place.

For example, I propose having a noinclude list which would contain a list of header files that were not to be installed and these could be removed at the end of header file processing in top-level newlib Makefile.am.

This would make such changes as this much easier to perform in the future by simply changing configure.host rather than having to make further configuration changes in libc, etc..

I have included a proposed patch that adds rpc/types.h and rpc/xdr.h to the list if xdr_dir is not set. If you don't object to it, please try it out and let me know if I have missed anything.