Re: long double (was "strtold?")

On Mar 16 18:44, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Howland Craig D (Craig) wrote:
>> [This email has a new subject to branch off the "strtold?" email since
>> it
>> is asking some more general questions.]
>>
>> Corinna:
>>      I've been wondering about the general long double issue recently
>> because I was doing some preliminary work on adding some long double
>> functions to the math library.  (I hadn't stumbled across ldtoa.c, yet,
>> so
>> it's interesting to learn of its existence.)
>>
> Regarding why strtold isn't exposed.: there was a reason, but I can't
> for the life of me
> remember.  It may no longer be relevant.  I'll keep pondering.

Is it possible that this implementation of strtod suffers incompatibility
with POSIX?  Per POSIX this function is supposed to set errno to ERANGE
if an overflow occurs, plus returning the values HUGE_VALL or -HUGE_VALL.
In case of an underflow, ERANGE has to be returned as well.  I don't see
that this function actually behaves that way.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader