add _HAVE_LONG_DOUBLE flag, math.h update

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Wed May 6 09:14:00 GMT 2009

Craig,

Have you looked at how glibc handles the constants?  Take a look at
bits/nan.h bits/huge_val.h, bits/inf.h which use builtin first, then a
GNUC extension, and failing that, a static union.  For the 2nd attempt,
my headers have __mode__(__SI__) used.  I do not know if this is
guaranteed for all platforms.  I prefer their logic to a divide by 0.

Regarding the old externs, keep them.  Some code may need them for
linking back-level code.  They are harmless if not being used.

-- Jeff J.