Re: rawmemchr

Aaron J. Grier wrote:
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 09:07:21PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
I really don't want to be a wet blanket here but I'm worried about
changing something as fundamental as strchr based on one simple test
program and the assurances of a programmer that everything is fine.

It really seems to me that there should be proven optimized versions
of these functions floating around which don't rely on more tweaking
in May of 2008.

I know that Eric is an exceptional programmer but I hope that more
people will be doing a sanity check on this code. This is not a
function that can have bugs.

is newlib subject to any sort of (automated) regression testing?

No, not by newlib directly. IIRC, Cygwin does nightly testing with newlib and gnu tools test using Plumhall. I give Cygwin regressions top priority and if the fix isn't obvious, the change gets backed out.