RE: Locale

-----Original Message-----
From: newlib-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:newlib-owner@sourceware.org]
On Behalf Of Paul-Kenji Cahier
Subject: Locale

I was wondering if there was any hope to at least see utf-8 locale
support added(which would make
a lot of sense) to newlib.

Hi,

One problem I have come across is that the Subversion port to Cygwin
fails when dealing with non-ASCII file names.

On the other hand, I don't really have the time to add UTF-8 support to
newlib either.  It is also somewhat questionable if UTF-8 support is
even appropriate for newlib, since it designed for embedded system use.

Maybe the Cygwin port could acquire the necessary functionality by way
of the operating system?

Regards,

Konrad Schwarz