Is there any problem of newlib xscale memset (of assembly) code in the interrupt context.

Dear All,

    I am using xscale (ixp425) tool chain, and newlib is part of the
tool chain. So obviously this piece of code might have been used when
i call memset inside my application code of eCos

   what could be the problem of calling this xscale assembly based
memset() code in the context of Interrupt, and that too in the 10ms
time space...
   would this routine takes more time..
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/newlib/libc/machine/xscale/memset.c?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src

    What could be the possible difference if i use the direct coding
the routine of, and how it differs from the assembly routine...the
pro's and cons.

void *
memset(void *sp1, int c, size_t n)
{